Terms & Conditions
The Ride to Give (RTG/the Ride) is a 3-day cycling event held from Sunday 2nd April - Tuesday 4th April 2023. The Ride is a 450km cycling event looping through Armidale, Tamworth and Bingara across three days to raise vital funds for three very worthy causes: BackTrack Youth Works, The Tie Dye Project and a selection of local New England community groups. The ride will also benefit different regional communities as we ride through and show our support for regional schools, local community clubs, Indigenous communities and local charities.
- Day 1: Sunday 2nd April 2023: Armidale to Tamworth
- Day 2: Monday 3rd April 2023: Tamworth to Bingara
- Day 3: Tuesday 4th April 2023: Bingara to Armidale
The RTG is organised by FDC in partnership with the specialised skills and event management experience of Entoure.
These Terms and Conditions are designed to enable the Event to operate safely, effectively and in accordance with the law. By joining the Ride, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
It is important that you understand your rights and obligations. Please take the time to review these Terms and Conditions and if you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Howard, Experience Manager, FDC, 0402 611 458 or Cornelius Hart, Director, 0411 170 807.
By joining us for the 2023 Rive to Give, all riders commit to and must:
- Agree to Entoure’s Conditions of Entry, which form part of these Terms and Conditions
- Agree to the Fundraising Terms of the Event
- Comply with all COVID-19 Public Health Order in place
- Hold current AusCycling Membership
- Pay the registration fee of $1,250 per rider
- Accept the Waiver, Release and Discharge
Waiver, Release and Discharge
You indemnify, hold harmless, release and discharge FDC, their contractors, partners, employees, agents and all Event volunteers from any and all liability howsoever caused, including but not limited to:
- all claims for death, injury, illness, financial loss or property damage in relation to the Event;
- liability arising from actual or alleged negligence, fault, act(s), or omission(s) of FDC, their contractors, employees, agents, and Event volunteers in relation to the Event, save for death or personal injury; and
- any loss or damage that is suffered, caused, or arises as a consequence of your participation in the Event.
You agree that participation by you is entirely at your own risk. You acknowledge that FDC’s Public Liability Insurance Policy does not provide cover for Event participants.
The RTG is insured through and has been sanctioned by AusCycling (formerly Cycling Australia) as part of our commitment to your safety. In order to participate in the RTG, all participants in this event must hold a current membership with AusCycling (membership type is at each individual rider’s discretion) as a condition of this public liability insurance. AusCycling Membership starts at $9 per month. 'Lifestyle Basic' membership is insufficient for this event, membership must be 'Lifestyle' or above. You will need to provide FDC with your membership number prior to taking part in the Event on Sunday 2 April 2023.
Access membership here: https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership
A registration fee of $1,250 per rider is required to secure your participation in the Ride. This fee includes all accommodation, meals and rider kit and is payable to FDC, who is managing the financing of this event.
The RTG is designed to raise as much money as possible for our beneficiaries BackTrack Youth Works and the Tie Dye Project as well as supporting local community groups we encounter along the way. Every rider is expected to raise a minimum of $3,000 and we'll provide support and resources to help you reach your fundraising goal. All fundraising donations are tax deductible.
Photography of Participants
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and participating in the Event, you consent to the taking of images or video footage of you during the Event by FDC or its authorised agents and authorise the use of such images or video footage of you by FDC, its authorised agents and its sponsors in all forms of media without any further approval or compensation. FDC will not disclose any other identifying information without your express consent. Riders will have access to the photography and video taken.
You are responsible for all personal property you bring to the Event. FDC accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage or harm caused to your personal property whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
Trained first aid officers will accompany the ride, with each peleton accompanied by such personnel and medical equipment. If you are injured or become ill, FDC and/or Entoure will endeavour to engage appropriate medical assistance and may arrange medical transport, if needed, usually in an ambulance, but no responsibility is accepted for such transport being available nor the care provided. Any medical transport costs must be met by you. FDC recommends that you take out ambulance service membership for the duration of the Event.
Event Cancellation & Weather
Except as otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions and as required by law, FDC is under no obligation to refund monies or entry fees due to non-use, cancellation, failure to participate or dissatisfaction by a participant.
The Event is held outdoors and will proceed notwithstanding extreme weather conditions. In FDC’s discretion, the Event may be cancelled, including at short notice, due to circumstances beyond the control of FDC. FDC is not liable to any participant for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind including, but not limited to, refund of entry fees in any circumstances.
If the Event is cancelled for any reason, FDC will endeavour to advise all riders as soon as practicable.
To enable the smooth running of the Event and to ensure participants have the best experience possible, FDC makes significant financial commitments in the lead up to the Event. As such, no refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 6 February 2023.
FDC will consider transferring a registration to another rider if a rider is injured and provides a medical certificate at least 7 days prior to the Event.
FDC will consider transferring a registration to another rider if a rider is no longer able to attend and the replacement is committed to reaching the fundraising target.
All riders registered as at 7 February 2023, commit to participating in the Event in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, including meeting the fundraising target.
If you are not willing to commit to the Event and the fundraising target, you must cancel your place on or before 6 February 2023 to have your registration fee refunded.
Entoure Conditions of Entry
All participants in the RTG 2023 event, are required to read and accept these Conditions of Entry.
By submitting your entry to the 2023 RTG, you are stating you fully understand and agree to these conditions of entry and the responsibilities set out herein by Entoure and all volunteers and employees of Entoure. You equally acknowledge you are a guest invited to participate in this Ride by FDC.
- I, and my heirs, executors and administrators waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of my loss of life, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in the event AND I agree that I participate in the said event solely at my own risk.
- I acknowledge that the Ride will be held on public roads which are in use by the general public during the Ride and I agree to abide by all laws, including those relating to the use of public roads. I acknowledge that riding on a public road is inherently dangerous, and I am aware of the risks of collision with other road users, including motor vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians, as well as livestock, other wildlife or obstacles and agree to exercise proper care and skill to avoid any collision. I am also aware of the risks of crashing which may result from such hazards as uneven or slippery surfaces, potholes or gravel.
- The Waiver, Release and Discharge shall operate separately in favour of all persons, corporations and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of them, any host, first aid, medical and paramedical personnel, police officers and shall operate whether or not the loss, injury or damage is attributable to the act or neglect of any one or more of them.
- I acknowledge I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the Ride.
- I verify that I am physically fit, have appropriate rider experience and skills, have/will have sufficiently trained for the Ride and can ride safely in a peloton at the agreed base level of fitness of around 24km/h. If requested, I will provide a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my physical health and fitness to participate in the Ride and if requested, attend a qualification training ride and/or adhere to a mutually agreed training plan as recommended by Entoure to get my fitness and skills to the base level.
- I accept and understand it’s my responsibility to reach agreed levels of skills and fitness that keep me and those around me safe, and to be able to meet community timelines along the route and I accept if it is deemed at any time I do not meet the agreed standards to participate and/or it would be unsafe to myself or others or unable to ride safely at the agreed speed, that decision rests with Entoure and FDC.
- I consent to receiving medical treatment, which may be deemed necessary due to injury, accident and/or illness during the Ride and I will adhere to any Covid related policies issued by either FDC or Entoure prior to and throughout the course of this event.
- I acknowledge that to participate in the Ride, I need a road/race bike in good working condition and that no hybrids, mountain bikes, e-bikes, tri bars, tandems, recumbent bikes are allowed. Any request by me to ride a bike that does not conform to a road/race bike specification must be lodged no less than four weeks prior to the event to Entoure to be properly assessed. I acknowledge the decision to allow or disallow a non-conforming bike is made entirely at FDC’s and/or Entoure’s discretion.
- If requested, I agree to present my bike before the Ride at the times to be advised to allow it to be inspected and will accept the decision of the organisers as to ride-worthiness or suitability for the Ride. Notwithstanding such inspection, I acknowledge that at all times I remain responsible for ensuring that my bike is ride-worthy, has been properly maintained and serviced and is in a suitable condition to be able to undertake the Ride safely.
- I accept that mechanical assistance will be provided free of charge during the event, but products/consumables are supplied on a “user pay” basis.
- I understand the risks of cycling and that it is a strong recommendation that I take out full comprehensive rider insurance when training for this event. I acknowledge that it's mandatory for me to hold active membership with AusCycling for the duration of the Ride.
- For my own safety and that of others around me, I agree that I will not under any circumstances listen to music, use ear buds or any other device during the Ride. I understand this is a complete violation of the Ride and also a breach of AusCycling rules and conditions that could negate my insurance.
- I understand and accept that the event has a zero-alcohol policy whilst cycling and that under no circumstances will I consume alcohol or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the Ride.
- I have read these Conditions of Entry and agree to abide by them.
- “Ride” or “event” means the Ride to Give 2023 charity bike ride.